Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Pearl sea urchin necklace and earrings





Today's order was from my bridal line using freshwater pearls and sterling silver. It's made with 3 different sizes of sterling silver wire that is all hand wire wrapped, hammered and beaded. The tiny little silver beads are from Thailand and are 99% solid silver. The first thing I do is look up my formula on my computer. Most of my "sea urchin" line has been mapped out for precise measurements. I start by making the frame work, curling it around a mandrel to make a perfect circle. Next I add the silver bead and fresh water pearls. Tools are super important and can't be made properly with out them. My only tools are my flat nose, round nose, cutters, files, two mandrels, a hammer, a steel block for hammering and of course my nimble fingers (:

No comments:

Post a Comment